Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

4 Screens With one Background

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

DigiLeone

4 Screens With one Background

Post by DigiLeone » 23 Dec 2014, 17:48

Can you help me? I'd like to do 4 sames screens with one shader back, i made it with scene port, but camera in scene shifted by the Axis Z. How it make?

lerou

Re: 4 Screens With one Background

Post by lerou » 05 Jan 2015, 09:49

Hi,

You could check out the viewport node. But it would also be a good idea to have a look at the RenderTexture node. Render your background once and use it several times. Depending on what your background contains, this might save you some performance.

rou

Joe Styles

Re: 4 Screens With one Background

Post by Joe Styles » 05 Jan 2015, 15:31

Good idea yes I would use the viewport node and render the scene as a sub scene below the viewport. One thing to note the viewport node now comes with sub options and it is not clear that you can have the node by itself. To do this when you drop it onto the hierarchy when the extra options appear you can hit escape then you can get the node by itself so you can drop a sub scene below it.
Hope that helps!
Joe Styles
Kinetic Pixel