Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

How to - UI Glasmorphism effect

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

yornick1907

How to - UI Glasmorphism effect

Post by yornick1907 » 05 Dec 2023, 12:03

Hey,
I am currently creating the UI for a new project and the plan is to design the tiles with a glass morphism effect. This basically means that the material has to create refraction and blur on the background. after first research I realized that the material pipeline in ventuz does not offer an easy way to create a simple glass material, let alone add blur or roughness to it. Have I missed something here?

After further research I managed to add refraction using an HLSL shader. I took this from the framebuffer example. but I still can't find a way to add the necessary blur to the material.

To my actual question: Is the only way to achieve the desired effect to write a cutom HLSL shader or is there a better way?

For reference, this ist what I want to achieve: