Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

GUID issues..

Please report bugs in this group. We will maybe populate a list of known bugs with a possibly modified description at a later time.

Moderator: Support

Naggar

GUID issues..

Post by Naggar » 09 Mar 2021, 10:24

Hi,

I keep having this issue whenever I try to scan my projects through the task bar I get a popup saying "Projects sharing the same GUID are found". I tried solving it by "generate new GUID" but it feels like this does nothing, and I keep getting the same issue.. I have also tried it with different machines using different Ventuz Licenses.
Ventuz GUID issue.png
Note, this also happens sometimes when I have VPRs in different Projects.

I'm not sure if this is related, but I think it also leads to another issue i get when trying to run a project through the browser configuration. As you see below, there is a broken icon in the VPR file (Controls_v101.vpr). Nothing happens when I try to run this app by clicking start. but I can still run it via ventuz configuration editor in the machine with no noted issues.
Ventuz Chrome Bug.png
thanks

Dennis

Re: GUID issues..

Post by Dennis » 09 Mar 2021, 10:27

Just do it as the ERROR says: Open the scene/Project in the Designer and generate a new GUIID.
They have all the same ID, how should Ventuz know what to start? Shall Ventuz start ALL projects?

Never have the same project name twice in a search path
Never reuse the same GUIID for several Projects in the search path........

RegArts
Dee

Naggar

Post by Naggar » 09 Mar 2021, 14:13

as mentioned above, I've already tried that. it doesn't work.
Plus even if I didn't do it.. there's no way i should have 000000-000-- etc as a GUID correct?
Also, having multiple VPRs in the same project folder is not allowed anymore? shouldn't the VPRs generate new GUID as they are being exported?

lerou

Post by lerou » 09 Mar 2021, 15:19

It's true that copying a ventuz project file will also copy the GUID, which might lead to that problem. However, when creating new projects or VPRs Ventuz will ask the OS for a GUID which should never occur twice. That's what the name stands for - globally unique identifier. It's not up to the user to take care of those GUIDs. Again, only copying a VZP should generate the problem.

All 0s is not a valid GUID, so there is defenitely something wrong there!

Oh, using the same Project name more than once should also be ok. Ventuz uses GUIDs to distinguish projects and/or VPRs.

Dennis

Post by Dennis » 10 Mar 2021, 15:23

Hey Naggar,

i have opened a ticket. I had the same issue whenever i export a VPR.
Thanks for the Report

regArts
Dee

:ugeek:

Karol

Post by Karol » 10 Mar 2021, 18:02

Hi!

Will be fixed in V6.8.2.

Cheers
Karol

Naggar

Post by Naggar » 11 Mar 2021, 13:36

Thanks for the Update,

Just a few notes
- I think this has been going on at least since the release of 6.8.0, could be earlier.
- This occurs not only in VPRs in the same project folder, but also in newly created projects with new VPRs.
- unanswered question: could this be related to the broken Icon I get in the browser configuration editor (which cannot be started)?
- Finally, my colleague had a few fatal errors that apparently popped up after delays of trying to start a VPR. She tried running the VPR via Configuration editor on the same machine, about 5 min later the VPR started, and when she closed the show she found the errors as you see below.
WhatsApp Image 2021-03-11 at 4.30.21 PM.jpeg
This was also Ventuz v.6.8.0. Unfortunately we didn't get the logs of those errors.

Thanks

Karol

Post by Karol » 11 Mar 2021, 14:15

The GUID bug was definitely introduced with 6.8.0!

lerou

Post by lerou » 11 Mar 2021, 14:32

it wasn't in the release notes :twisted:

Naggar

Post by Naggar » 22 Mar 2021, 11:50

Issue resolved in 6.8.2

Thanks guys <3