Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Master Playlist

Post requests for new Director features or report bugs to this forum group. Any suggestion to expand the possibilities of Ventuz Director are welcome.

Moderator: Support

Kabixx

Master Playlist

Post by Kabixx » 18 Dec 2018, 22:24

During a show when u are using Director and have 3-4(or more) different playlists it is sometimes hard to jump to a specific moment in show (let's say we have to follow Event scenario, we have to omit some part of the show, which forces us to change something quickly on every Playlist). Creating something like a Master Playlist, would allow us to work with only one Playlists which would control others. Other programs like Watchout, GreenHippo, Disguise that are more Timeline based, have to use jump commands to jump to a specific part of the timeline. I believe that in Ventuz something like a Master Playlist would be more suited.
This kind of Playlist could look like this(i hope that formatting won't spoil it :D )
Master Playlist
|Playlist1 | Playlist2 | Playlist3 | Playlist4

1. BCG1Page | PipPage1 | Empty/ClearPort | LiveInput
2. BCG2Page | PipPage2 | MagicPage1 | LiveInput2
3. BCG3Page | PipPage3 | Empty/ClearPort | LiveInput2
4. BCG4Page | PipPage4 | MagicPage3 | LiveInput2
5. BCG5Page | PipPage5 | LeaveLastActive | LiveInput2
6. BCG4Page | PipPage4 | MagicPage2 | LiveInput2
7. BCG4Page | PipPage4 | DoNothing | LiveInput2
8. BCG4Page | PipPage4 | DoNothing | LiveInput2
9. BCG4Page | PipPage4 | DoNothing | LiveInput2

So for example:
Going from number 2 to number 5 would result in using MagicPage1 in Playlist3.
Going from number 2 to number 3 would result in using not using anything in Playlist3.
Going from number 2 to number 9 would result in using MagicPage2.

I would also add another collumn just to have place to write our own Text(so we could name those parts of the show for better navigation). Maybe the ability to Color row.