Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Refreshing a Variable when Using Scene Port & Case Switching

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

dondi

Re: Refreshing a Variable when Using Scene Port & Case Switc

Post by dondi » 25 Nov 2014, 19:43

Thanks for that Christian. I took a look and have since amended my Master Scene file, as well as adding another background vis scene and a couple Info scenes.

As this is an exercise for me to learn Ventuz, I made it a point to use certain nodes in the project so I can get more familiar with their usage; The scene port was one, as my thinking in using it was so that I could use it with the Case Switch for use with multiple scenes for background Vis designs and multiple song info scene designs. Thus, making it more modular. I was also assuming that it may streamline the overhead by only having one scene active, as I think the non-active scenes would tax the machine if all scenes were loaded at the same time. If I am thinking about this incorrectly, please let me know. But, that was my inexperienced Ventuz thinking.

Below are the updated/added scenes (first 3 in this post and the remaining 2 on next post—5 total). I have added simple animations and tried to program around the minor issues from the original scenes.

I welcome any-and-all critiques. The visual design is crude and simply for function. Thus, not-so-elegant, which I am not concerned about at the moment. I plan on going back and making things prettier once I have the functionality a bit more elegant. Please comment on the logic, the functionality, etc. I am interested on what active Ventuz users would do, or would have done. What nodes, techniques, logic works, what doesn't work, etc.

So, anyone/everyone, feel free to take a look and pass-along your comments. I would appreciate anyone looking at what I am doing. Refer to previous posts in this thread for interaction instructions and link to the original project that contains the assets (~150Mb). Simply update with the updated scenes and open Music_Master_Try-10.vzs.

Thanks,
-- Dondi

(Post 1 of 2 of updated VZS files)
Attachments
Music_Vis_Try-02.vzs
2 of 2 Backoground Vis scenes; randomly displays CD cover arts of music library. Use the 'V' key to cycle through the Vis scenes (currently only 2 out of a possible 5 cases for Vis scenes)
(134.39 KiB) Downloaded 257 times
Music_Vis_Try-01.vzs
1 of 2 Backoground Vis scenes; displays fanart of currently-playing artist. Use the 'V' key to cycle the Vis scenes
(26.41 KiB) Downloaded 256 times
Music_Master_Try-10.vzs
This is the master scene. Open this one as it loads in the 2 Vis backgrounds and 3 Info scenes via the keyboard keys 'V' and 'I' respectively.
(216.36 KiB) Downloaded 282 times

dondi

Re: Refreshing a Variable when Using Scene Port & Case Switc

Post by dondi » 25 Nov 2014, 19:48

(Post 2 of 2 of updated VZS files)

There are 6 total VZS scenes:
1 Master — Music_Master_Try-10
2 Background Visualizations — Music_Vis_Try-01 and Music_Vis_Try-02
3 Song/Artist Information Scenes — Music_Info_Try-01, Music_Info_Try-02 and Music_Info_Try-03
Attachments
Music_Info_Try-03.vzs
Another design, more artist-centric rather than song-centric
(40.58 KiB) Downloaded 255 times
Music_Info_Try-02.vzs
Another design/layout of song info
(40.06 KiB) Downloaded 234 times
Music_Info_Try-01.vzs
My first scene apart from the Master scene. Crude display of currently-playing song information
(29.47 KiB) Downloaded 254 times