Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Arranging hierarchy

Please report bugs in this group. We will maybe populate a list of known bugs with a possibly modified description at a later time.

Moderator: Support

Joe Styles

Arranging hierarchy

Post by Joe Styles » 12 Jan 2017, 15:00

Does anyone else have issues moving items in the hierarchy tree where you grab an item and it will not let you drop it where you want it to go.
I used to have this issue in older versions of Ventuz but then it must have been fixed but it is back in Ventuz 5. It is associated with clones.

In the attached scene try moving item 1 above item 2, it does not work. If you try and move the items onto the group called "Items Group" it will let you put one on there but not the other, but you can force a new group node in front of all the items by dragging one into place.

It's just a bit of a pain when you are organising a scene, any chance for a fix?
Attachments
Node Arrangment Issues.vzs
(7.63 KiB) Downloaded 371 times
Joe Styles
Kinetic Pixel

carlbtv

Re: Arranging hierarchy

Post by carlbtv » 20 Feb 2017, 11:51

Hey Joe. I've come across this. If there is cloned geometry further down the chain from the node you are moving, you are prevented from moving it. Not sure if it's by design or a bug.

Joe Styles

Post by Joe Styles » 20 Feb 2017, 17:38

Thanks Carl! Yeah it must be by design, I tend to delete the clones and them move what ever I need (ie if there is a lot of logic in front of the cloned objects) and then recreate the clone instance.
Joe Styles
Kinetic Pixel

lerou

Post by lerou » 20 Feb 2017, 18:12

no, I think it's a bug. It happened to me several times that I can't move part of the tree to some other position. Always have to go two different steps to get to the same result.

lerou

Post by lerou » 21 Feb 2017, 06:39

speaking of the devil... just had it again.

Dennis

Post by Dennis » 21 Feb 2017, 10:23

Hi
yes, it has something to do with the "linked objects". i have this very often when rearranging objects associated with materials as well.
I had a talk about that Topic with the devs and it is to prevent issues in other parts of ventuz where you should not be able to move/rearrange elements/nodes or you will create an internal loop.

the devs got this already as a ticket and try to fix that for cases where it "should" be possible.

sorry and regArts
Dee

:ugeek:

Karol

Post by Karol » 16 Feb 2018, 10:44

Hi all!

This will be fixed for 5.4.0.

Best Regards
Karol

Joe Styles