Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Pixel Node

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

Joe Styles

Pixel Node

Post by Joe Styles » 08 Nov 2016, 05:28

I know this has gone now but how do you position hierarchy content by pixel units?

On the old pixel node there is a tool tip that says to "use the unit property on the 3D layer root". I know we can set the layout of a layer to be in pixels with offsets etc but I can't see a unit property?

Any ideas?
Joe Styles
Kinetic Pixel

chriss0212

Re: Pixel Node

Post by chriss0212 » 08 Nov 2016, 09:22

Hi Joe,

again a very hidden setting combination ;)

Don't know why ventuz have settings in the Layers tab AND in the Properties tab if they only make any change in special combinations. This make things just more complicated and confusing.

Greetings

Christian
Attachments
PixelValue.PNG

Götz_B

Post by Götz_B » 08 Nov 2016, 10:46

Hi,

the Layer Layout defines the size of the Layer. The Camera defines what's going on inside the Layer.
If you have just one Layer that's set to 100%, it is the size of your Project ( Project Properties -> Format). Select the Layer and check it's outputs to see the size.
The layer size of course changes when it is nested under a group that is not fullscreen for example.

So if you set the camera to Layer Relation, your 'space' will be the size of your layer.

Long story short: You don't need necessarily set both to pixels. Just changing the camera is fine.

Götz

Joe Styles

Post by Joe Styles » 08 Nov 2016, 13:57

Great thanks for the responses! I see if I set the XY relation all the items become pixel space at lower level.
Cheers!
Joe
Attachments
2016-11-08 12_56_02-Untitled-2 @ 66.7% (LEDFloorBackground, RGB_8) _.png
Joe Styles
Kinetic Pixel