Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Layer visibility

Post requests for new features to this forum group. Any suggestion to expand the possibilities of Ventuz are welcome.

Moderator: Support

lerou

Layer visibility

Post by lerou » 27 Sep 2016, 12:57

Hi,

The visibility for layers could be pimped a lot! As it already is inspired by Photoshop, you could implement the alt-click action. It disables all other layers, so that the one I clicked it on is the only one visible. And if you want to be even better then that: implement a third option: invisible, visible, locked visible. Locked visible ignores the alt-click. For instance your background layer should always be visible and still you could use alt-click to quickly disable all but one layer!

But: you need to remember which layer was invisible before the alt-click, those should not be set to visible with the second alt-click. It's tricky, but is speeds up things a lot (and V5 needs that!).

Thanks,
rou

stephen

Re: Layer visibility

Post by stephen » 27 Sep 2016, 14:08

Hey,

thanks for that suggestion! I like that a lot. It's ticketed.

Best,
Stephen

Götz_B

Post by Götz_B » 18 Oct 2016, 13:43

In V5.2 the Render Point is back. Also for Layers now to isolate a Layer independent from the visibility.
FEATURE 8096 Layers and Hierarchy nodes can set/unset the Render Point by holding the ALT key and click on the Layer Editor in LE or node in Hierarchy Editor
Additionally, a visibility lock is implemented.

lerou

Post by lerou » 18 Oct 2016, 13:46

Götz_B wrote:In V5.2 the Render Point is back.
:shock: The render point?? Or an isolated view?

Götz_B

Post by Götz_B » 18 Oct 2016, 13:53

The Render Point. For the 3D Hierarchy ( a bit different to V4 ) and for the Layer Editor.
For Layers, it shows that Layer isolated. (Plus the ones with locked visibility)

lerou

Post by lerou » 18 Oct 2016, 13:56

cool. I know someone who will be very happy about that! :)

lerou

Post by lerou » 20 Oct 2016, 15:20

I tried it out, but it's not a render point as it used to be. :(

Götz_B

Post by Götz_B » 20 Oct 2016, 15:36

Yes, it changed a bit

http://www.ventuz.com/support/help/late ... solateMode
In contrast to Ventuz 4 or earlier versions the render engine is not starting to traverse the scene tree at the selected node. The whole tree is traversed but meshes outside the isolated subtree are skipped.

lerou

Post by lerou » 20 Oct 2016, 15:46

I don't get it. In the attached example I can put the render point on any node, the result is always the same. The good thing about the render point was, that you could easily check out your result at any stage - so in this case without the texture or without the color. Am I doing it wrong?!

Cheers,
rou
Attachments
rp.jpg

Dennis

Post by Dennis » 21 Oct 2016, 09:11

Hey Rou,

its correct.
In this case the Material and Lighting will be applied as well.

its more or less like the position of the selected object will be put in the center, you can rotate the object or the environment around.
The idea is to have the object seperated from the rest of the scene .. but still keep the lightingconditions.
It should be possible to "deactivate" the materialstage if you want to have it "pure".

regArts