Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

TTF Font Metrics Error

Please report bugs in this group. We will maybe populate a list of known bugs with a possibly modified description at a later time.

Moderator: Support

Joe Styles

TTF Font Metrics Error

Post by Joe Styles » 18 Nov 2015, 16:11

Just wondering if anyone would be able to help on this one. I am getting an error with a font which is not rendering but works fine in windows:
"Error : FontMetrics: Failed to acquire Font metrics.: Retrieving ABC Values failed!"

I have never had any problems like this before and I have used a lot of different fonts in the past so I am surprised a ttf that works in windows would throw an error in ventuz.

Any ideas how I can fix the font to make it work? The offending font is called Ethnocentric and it in the attached archive.

Thanks!
Joe
Attachments
Offending Font.vza
(36.07 KiB) Downloaded 356 times
Joe Styles
Kinetic Pixel

joysprod

Re: TTF Font Metrics Error

Post by joysprod » 18 Nov 2015, 19:35

Hi Joe,

If it is of any help, VZA opens fine on my machine without reporting any errors. Running Windows 7 64 bit.

Looks like it may be an error on your machines OS?

Regards

Peter

Joe Styles

Post by Joe Styles » 18 Nov 2015, 20:46

Hi Peter, thanks for having a look at it. So you can see the font ok!?
I am running windows 10, which I suppose could be a problem. Answers your windows 10 question the other day ;)

Cheers,
Joe
Joe Styles
Kinetic Pixel

lerou

Post by lerou » 18 Nov 2015, 21:10

running Ventuz 4.07.01 on W10 Pro not having any problems running your scene.

Best,
rou

TVM Cracklings

Post by TVM Cracklings » 19 Nov 2015, 03:13

Hi Joe,

The scene on Win10 Pro & V4.07.00 doesn't seem to be buggy as you described either.

I can only assume it's your specific installation that's being problematic.

Cheers
-C

Karol

Post by Karol » 19 Nov 2015, 09:44

Hi all!

There is a Change/Bug-fix #6458 in Ventuz 4.7.1 which might have fixed the problem.

Best Regards
Karol

Joe Styles

Post by Joe Styles » 20 Nov 2015, 12:25

OK I have done some more testing and that font didn't work on Windows10 in the previous V4 build but it is now is fixed in Ventuz 4.7.1. Thanks!
Like you said Peter Windows 7 it worked fine.

Believe it or not I am actually working in ventuz 3 but I thought I'd try it in v4 which is when I highlighted the issue. It works fine on my presentation machine in Ventuz 3 on windows 7 so I have tried copying the font cache to my development windows 10 laptop to see if I could get it working. I would have thought would have worked but it didn't :(

I know the answer is to move the Ventuz 4 but that is not possible on the timescale we have on this project.

If any of you have an idea about how I can bodge the Ventuz 3 font cache for now if you could let me know.

Thanks!
Joe
Joe Styles
Kinetic Pixel