Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

HitTest

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

zoidberg

HitTest

Post by zoidberg » 30 Jan 2015, 21:32

Hi,

I'm currently working on a scene with several rectangles which are flying arround. If one rectangle hits another one, booth should be removed from the scene. My problem right now is, that i have no idea how i can do this hittest in Ventuz4.

It's not for an project, just for fun ;-)

Would be great if anybody can help.

Thanks,
Anton

flaboratoirium

Re: HitTest

Post by flaboratoirium » 30 Mar 2015, 09:40

I'm also wondering why the HitTest Node is gone?! :shock:

flaboratoirium

Post by flaboratoirium » 08 Apr 2015, 11:41

By the way...Its is possible to load a Ventuz3 Scene containing a HitTest Node. It gets marked as "Deprecated" but works nevertheless.
As i needed the HitTest Functionality in a project this was the way i solved it. But im curious how to achieve Mesh Collision Detection
with Ventuz 4 Nodes. I think there must be a way since Geometry Nodes still have the "Mesh Tester" Input.

flaboratoirium

Post by flaboratoirium » 08 Apr 2015, 15:05

I used the hitTest-Node to test a specific fixed coordinate [x:720;y:540] against several Meshes. This Point is NOT a Touchpoint so Buttons won't help in this case.
Basically its a car driving that i had to test against its obstacles. As there is no way to Test n-Gons i simulated the more complex forms with several primitives which worked good enough in my case. But i'm wondering why even that simple collision detection was removed. Testing overlapping points for example was really really helpful :cry:

I agree that using an external library might be far more efficient, but setting it up (is there a manual somewhere?) for some simple and quick hitTesting is a pain in the ass and is somehow against the "throw together some nodes" philosophy of ventuz.

calonpintar

Post by calonpintar » 02 May 2015, 06:30

i'm using classic math object collision detection between two objects, it is possible to do both with script or fx expression, i just compare x1,x2,y1,y2, bla..bla..but, when i need to detect many objects collision, let's say 10 objects at a time, everything goes crazy. hope ventuz will handle this issue, because sometimes we need more than just a touch input detection.