Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Set scale to bounding box size?

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

shermanpat

Set scale to bounding box size?

Post by shermanpat » 23 Jul 2014, 19:55

Hoping some one can help me out with this. I want to have a background box that dynamically scales to the size of the content and text I am receiving. Just like how FB, Twitter, forums have a box that surrounds each post.

I would love to be able to just get the bounding box size X,Y from the axis node(but seems like that is not available).
From other posts it seems like i could use the Get and Set World nodes. But that has not worked out when trying to use it(user error?).

Right now my work around is to give some floats and use expressions to get it working. But this way is will not be very dynamic in the end. Might any other users have a suggestion on nodes to use to achieve this type of look?

Thank You.
-Sherman
-Sherman
Meru Interactive

squiggle

Re: Set scale to bounding box size?

Post by squiggle » 24 Jul 2014, 19:03

You can use the outputs of the Text-Nodes to calculate the height of your background box. See the attached example.

hth, sq
Attachments
dynamic_text_box.vza
(837.95 KiB) Downloaded 240 times