Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Ventuz with Watchout

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

progenix

Ventuz with Watchout

Post by progenix » 21 Oct 2013, 08:34

I am currently trying to display a Ventuz output resolution of 3840X1080 from an ATI Card using 2 DVIs. I am using Watchout to do the blending on 2 HD projectors. The watchout servers are using 2 capture cards that can only accept 1920x1080 each. However, there was noticeable sync and tearing after we blend them together. Any solutions to this?

chriss0212

Re: Ventuz with Watchout

Post by chriss0212 » 22 Oct 2013, 19:27

hi progenix

what a setup......first of all: why are you using a realtime software to feed a media server?

what grafics card are you using? if it is a consumer card, it could be, that both outputs are not frame synched!
which grabber gards are you using...is it a genlocked setup?
tearing: on one output or do you mean delay between both projectors?

if you are using a pro card like the firepro i would think your problem is related to watchout!

greetz

christian

joysprod

Post by joysprod » 22 Oct 2013, 23:56

If you are only using Watchout to do the blend, personally I would use Ventuz to produce the overlap but choose a projector that has blending built in.

Peter

Christian Krix Schmidt

Post by Christian Krix Schmidt » 23 Oct 2013, 07:04

Totally agree with Peter. Ditch Watchout. Using Watchout simply for edge blending is a budget killer and is actually more limiting than creating the overlap in Ventuz.

ErikB

Post by ErikB » 26 Oct 2013, 18:02

Our new Edge Blending, Warping and Shaping toolset for V4 is almost ready as well!

progen

Post by progen » 30 Oct 2013, 09:47

Hi ErikB,

Any timeline on when these new tools for V4 will be out? I am current using V3. Will the tools in suffice for now?

Charles

Christian Krix Schmidt

Post by Christian Krix Schmidt » 30 Oct 2013, 15:42

We are still using V3 as well. The EdgeBlending in V3 is not the best but does a decent job. But if you do that with the projectors there is nothing stopping you to use Ventuz for the rest.

ErikB

Post by ErikB » 30 Oct 2013, 18:32

New tools for Shaping and Blending should be in the next point release, hopefully. (so 4.02). Let's say with the way things look right now, it should be a very early Xmas present. Of course we cannot be 100% sure, as things can always go wrong, but so far initial feedback is excellent.

-E

calonpintar

Post by calonpintar » 02 May 2015, 07:24

i'm also both ventuz & watchout user,
- did you test your ventuz 2 output directly to 2 monitors? is the video sync'd up?
- if yes, it is probably you have problem with your capture card?

it is better if we don't mixed up between this 2 software especially with synchronized video capture,
if you have less video playback (e.g. 5 videos) it is very easy to bring that files to ventuz node.
if we are talking about projection mapping and output mesh warping, ventuz 4 new tool will handle it easily.