Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

performance differences between designer and presentation

All other topics about Ventuz here.

Moderator: Support

davidkmiller

performance differences between designer and presentation

Post by davidkmiller » 16 Oct 2013, 15:36

having an odd issue that when i go from designer to just viewing as a presentation(stand alone) that i am seeing obvious issues with frame rates.

the oddness is that within the designer interface the renderer seems to work perfect and fast.

Any ideas where to look to resolve this oddness?

ErikB

Re: performance differences between designer and presentatio

Post by ErikB » 16 Oct 2013, 17:02

this can happen if it is trying to sync or cluster and either failing or getting differing/odd input. So make sure you have cluster off (or set correctly if you need a cluster), and if you are using sync or video in boards, you aren't using weird synch that is mismatching with other things. You can also turn on the render statistics in the live options of the ventuz configuration tool to see if there are odd spikes in any particular portion of the scene.

davidkmiller

Post by davidkmiller » 20 Oct 2013, 23:37

so this ended up being a totally bone head maneuver on my part....i was editing and running from a macbookpro retina laptop with external display. I unplugged the external display and the macbook switched its resolution and defaulted to its native 2880 x1440 resolution ...which the graphics card just couldnt keep up with that resolution and the geometry i was showing. I had 2 machines setup for show so i just switched to the backup and got through the show. It wasn't until looking at logs later that the display resolution suddenly jumped out and was able to verify that was the issue.

ErikB

Post by ErikB » 26 Oct 2013, 17:55

Ha. I've done that...