Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Maximum Bezel Space Between Monitors?

Please report bugs in this group. We will maybe populate a list of known bugs with a possibly modified description at a later time.

Moderator: Support

joysprod

Maximum Bezel Space Between Monitors?

Post by joysprod » 05 Sep 2013, 20:20

Was playing around with the Render Setup. Configured a single machine with 4 x 1920 1080 outputs.

I love the way that Ventuz now shows in preview the space between monitors. Configure the colour and transparency of the space makes for easy programming and visualization. Have found that as long as pixel space between monitors is a maximum of 170 pixel, all is fine, but greater then 170 pixels and the display seems to zoom and is not usable. Is that a limit or a bug?

<171 pixels all is fine and you can make out the negative space between monitors.
MULLION162.jpg
>170 pixels and negative space is not shown, also display zooms.
MULLION171.jpg
Regards

Peter

Karol

Re: Maximum Bezel Space Between Monitors?

Post by Karol » 06 Sep 2013, 09:54

Hi Peter!

There is no limitation of Bezel or Overlay size!
And I cannot reproduce you behaviour here.
What kind of graphics card are you using?
How is your Project configured?
Is there anything special in your scene?
Could you send me the 'strange' RenderSetup file? It's the VRS file which is located in C:\Users\Public\Documents\Ventuz4\Configuration\RenderSetup.

Best Regads
Karol

joysprod

Post by joysprod » 08 Sep 2013, 11:00

Hi Karol,

Maybe its because of my set up: Running this on Windows 7 via Bootcamp on an Apple Macbook Retina display. The resolution of the screen and the graphics card ( GeForce GT650M) is capable of 2880 x 1800 but I'm running it at 1920x1080 as text and images are just too small at full resolution.

Its a fantastic machine for mobile development and Ventuz really flys on it. Have had no problems under Ventuz 3 for the last 6 months.

I noticed that Ventuz was giving me this error if my pixel overlap is larger > 170 pixels.
11:18 06/09/2013 Error : Ventuz Render Setup: Init. of Ventuz Render Setup failed.: E_INVALIDARG: An invalid parameter was passed to the returning function (-2147024809)
It doesn't matter if I have a scene loaded or not. It's the same!

Have also found another problem with my setup. If I turn on Input Diagnostics, my mouse position is correctly drawn on the render window. Taking it to full screen is also fine. Returning to the windowed mode for programming - the Input Diagnostics data is really small and the mouse position and drawn position shown on screen do not correspond. Rebooting Ventuz, it's then fine again until going to full screen and ageing returning to programming.

Peter

Karol

Post by Karol » 09 Sep 2013, 09:11

Hi Peter!

I think I know what the problem is: your computer is not able to create Rendertargets beyond 8192 x 8192.
Your first setup is below this value, the second is above!
Internally we create a full-size 'Design' Rendertarget; render the scene and than copy to the destination 'Production' Rendertarget.
You can verify my assumption with the Rendertarget node.
This limitation could be caused by the Bootcamp virtualization. Modern DX9 graphics boards with sufficient memory natively support 16k x 16k rendertargets.

The second bug is already fixed for 4.0.1 which will be released this week.

Cheer
Karol

joysprod

Post by joysprod » 09 Sep 2013, 13:01

Hi Karol,

I should of thought of that! Of course 4 monitors at 1920 plus 3 bezels at 170 comes to the magic number of 8192!!! Over that and the Mac/Windows machine falls over.

My work around when working on my mobile set up is to configure it as 4 lower resolution monitors keeping below 8k pixel space.

Thanks for that.

Peter