Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Ventuz and LeapMotion

All other topics about Ventuz here.

Moderator: Support

selor

Re: Ventuz and LeapMotion

Post by selor » 24 May 2013, 14:26

just preorder a leapmotion :))*

An example or maybe a shared script is possible Erik ?

We plan to use it for projects .

Could you make a demo scene with the script or something ? :)

ErikB

Post by ErikB » 26 May 2013, 23:32

Because of the Dev Kit NDA, I am afraid I can't do either. But you will find it not terribly difficult.

alfred

Post by alfred » 25 Jul 2013, 07:24

Leapmotion is on my hand, but I do not know how to use it with Ventuz, need C# scripting? And where can I get the SDK?

Thanks!
alfred

Christian Krix Schmidt

Post by Christian Krix Schmidt » 25 Jul 2013, 09:12

You get the Leap Motion SDK on the Leap Motion website: https://www.leapmotion.com/developers
And you need to know how to program C# a bit to be able to connect it in Ventuz using the C# node.

alfred

Post by alfred » 25 Jul 2013, 10:46

Hey Christian,
Thanks a lot! I have downloaded SDK.

Alfred

joysprod

Post by joysprod » 25 Jul 2013, 12:36

Maybe the answer to one of ErikB's posts

"Because of the Dev Kit NDA, I am afraid I can't do either. But you will find it not terribly difficult."

Is to publish it on the Leap Airspace where it could be a free or paid for download? Also could be good publicity for Ventuz as people who have purchased the Leap are already interested in 3D and you may get people coming to the Ventuz website to investigate?

Peter

ErikB

Post by ErikB » 29 Jul 2013, 05:55

..that would require me to clean it up and write it in a way that would be both complete and usable by people, as opposed to just tests that I ran myself. If/when I have time, I might do that, but for now, not going to happen - we need to get v4 out the door :)

It is not hard to do yourself, if you look at the C# example script they deliver with the device, it is a matter of copy/paste and setting up the connections.

Having said that, I will attempt to maybe write up a brief howto, now that the device has been released.

-E

gabrielefx

Post by gabrielefx » 29 Jul 2013, 15:00

nice device!

I hope to see it implemented in Ventuz 4

Christian Krix Schmidt

Post by Christian Krix Schmidt » 30 Jul 2013, 06:53

Not going to happen. This is a device that only 20 people in the world probably use together with Ventuz. Most people don't care about it. The Ventuz team won't add official support for something so trivial. If they would add official support then they would have to support people afterwards with it. It is not a Ventuz product after all. You or somebody else has to write/post the small C# script that connects to the device. And then get support for the device from Leap Motion themselves. This way you can also always use the latest Leap SDK and do not have to rely on Ventuz to implement the latest versions. Just imagine. Ventuz implements Version1 of the Leap SDK and a few months later Version 2 comes out. And you desperately need the features of Version 2. Ventuz however hasn't implemented it yet. Bam. If Ventuz would implement every little device or Kickstarter idea out there they would need an army of developers to keep up with that stuff and couldn't focus on the real application. By giving you the Script and Shader environment you are not bound by their restrictions and timings and can integrate almost anything any time and in any way you need. This is the far better way.

Karol

Post by Karol » 30 Jul 2013, 08:47

That's true, Krix!
:D