Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Gradients confusion

All other topics about Ventuz 6 here.

Moderator: Support

wiidee

Gradients confusion

Post by wiidee » 13 Jan 2023, 12:18

Hi,
I'm getting mixed results from using color gradients.

When using Gradient Texture, the colors I'm getting on display are different from the values I get from Color Picker node. Linear parameter set to false seems to produce linear gradient on display.

I get expected results, when I use gradients generated by a Gradient Texture Render Target instead.

When using Gradient Texture 2d Layer (or Gradient 2d Layer) as a Render Target - the Layer Orientation has no effect on the resulting texture.

Interactive sample scene in the attachment.. V6.12.02.327
Ventuz Gradients.png

thanks for feedback,
adam
Attachments
Gradient Question.vza
(39.05 KiB) Downloaded 62 times

Karol

Re: Gradients confusion

Post by Karol » 18 Jan 2023, 10:24

Hi Adam!

We will look into that.
Does this cause a problem for you?

Best Regards
Karol

wiidee

Re: Gradients confusion

Post by wiidee » 18 Jan 2023, 11:29

Well, I was trying to make an interactive color slider using a Touch Translation node and a Color Picker node, similar to the attached scene. And I had to use one gradient for displaying the slider and a different gradient as the input for the color picker in order to obtain the same color. So there is a workaround, but I was wondering what I was doing wrong :)
Thanks for the reply.
adam