Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Starting a VPR using VMSClient.Start

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

Etienne

Starting a VPR using VMSClient.Start

Post by Etienne » 17 Dec 2019, 01:45

Is it possible to start a VPR using the VMSClient Start method? I tried doing this using the Remoting4 Demo project and I get a Requested Project not found exception.

I also tried using the Proj method to have the VMS Client examine a project file at a known location on the target system but that gives me another exception: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: root.

lerou

Re: Starting a VPR using VMSClient.Start

Post by lerou » 17 Dec 2019, 08:48

Yes, you can start a VPR via VMSClient.Start. The project name has to match. It's NOT the VPR's file name - usually it's the filename without the extension, but that's also not always the case!

Use VMSclient.Proj(null) to list your projects and have a look at them. There you'll find both the file (VPR or VZP) and the project name. It should contain all projects found by the VMS Discovery. Look up your VPR there and and then use the ID to start the project.

lerou

Post by lerou » 17 Dec 2019, 09:02

lerou wrote:
17 Dec 2019, 08:48
It should contain all projects found by the VMS Discovery.
I meant Project scan. Discovery finds VMS services in the network.

Etienne

Post by Etienne » 17 Dec 2019, 18:00

Thanks, using the project ID works.

The documentation leads you to believe you can specify the file name (The project can be specified by either its fullpath on the remote filesystem).

In an effort to minimize the configuration required on a production machine, I will try modifying the VNSConfig.ProjectPaths to add the folder to my VPR and see how that goes.