Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Layer property Filters

Post requests for new features to this forum group. Any suggestion to expand the possibilities of Ventuz are welcome.

Moderator: Support

Naggar

Layer property Filters

Post by Naggar » 20 Oct 2019, 07:36

Hello

Would there be a way to create a filter for Bloom Effect,DoF,AmbientOcclusion?
This request is mainly for the bloom effect. Quite often I find myself using Bloom in a 3D Scene with camera animations, but sometimes I need to create a few footage popups in that scene, and I cant really use 3D reference Layer because there is no filter for bloom there either
In some cases I think this could save a lot of performance as well since we can use this method to reduce the use of Glare in FX nodes.

Dennis

Re: Layer property Filters

Post by Dennis » 21 Oct 2019, 08:54

In first these FX work best in the HDR mod.

The reason for that is, that you "filter" the elements that should bloom/glare by shift them in the Higher Dynamic Range instead of "whats simply bright" gets bloom... in this case its "whats REALLY bright.. gets bloom".

Therefore you would adjust the "threshold to 0.0", "intensity to 3%" and only VERY bright elements will get a bloom applied.

I have attached a scene that shows the usage of the HDR, Pay attention to the "Emmisive Amount" and Bloom Settings.

RegArts
Dee
Bloom.vza
(41.39 KiB) Downloaded 220 times

Naggar

Re: Layer property Filters

Post by Naggar » 12 Nov 2019, 11:35

That is good information. I didn't know that you could get anything brighter than white material with no light

Thanks a lot! :)