Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

example with 2 screens?

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

samsamtop

example with 2 screens?

Post by samsamtop » 14 Oct 2019, 04:05

good evening everyone, I am new to this forum and future user of Ventuz, I am looking for a diagram and an example of an animation on 2 screens; 1 screen to control the animation which is on the 2nd screen. thank you very much

Jan

Re: example with 2 screens?

Post by Jan » 14 Oct 2019, 11:15

Hello and welcome to the Ventuz Family!

What you are looking for, if i got it right, Is Actually the case for many projects in Broadcasting or interactive Shows. Where you have a input panel with some functions and a second screen where your actions are shown.
Examples for that you can find on our Homepage or on Youtube.

https://www.ventuz.com/showcases

Greetings

samsamtop

Post by samsamtop » 14 Oct 2019, 17:10

Thank you for your quick response, I would like a project example (minimalist) to see the project's hiarchie how it's done. Thank you

Jan

Post by Jan » 16 Oct 2019, 15:04

Well i could send you a scene which would fit into your criteria but that wont help you that much. Since you wont understand whats going on. To understand a scene you would have to know how it works. So the only thing i can advice you is that you start learning Ventuz :).
And have a look over on our Youtube channel there you will find some Resources, which will explain the basic functions.
You could start with this Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb3Nyg5OHOQ

Also some other Ventuz users did some good videos on Youtube so make sure to check them out too.

Here you can download the newest version and request a free PLE license in the Launcher https://www.ventuz.com/downloads

samsamtop

Post by samsamtop » 16 Oct 2019, 16:00

Hello, I already downloaded the PLE version, and followed a lot of tutorials on youtube, but now but I have not found everything I want. that's why I asked to have a scene to understand how to do two displays 1 Touch and another to display.

Dennis

Post by Dennis » 17 Oct 2019, 10:34

Hello Hello,

so basically its like:

you setup a ventuz project to have the 2 screens resolution.

if you are using the screens stacked or aside needs to be figured out.. lets say they are next to each other.

ok start the ventuz configuration editor. use the layout configuration for rendering on multiple outputs.
create a new config by clicking the (+). give it a name like "2Screens".
the "Render setuo" will open.
Delete the single monitor by simply clicking the "create new setup" icon in the top left.
Displays per machine 2x1 click create.

save

close the config editor.

open Ventuz Designer

create a new project

you will see that the renderer now shows a stretched like screen... right? thats because it "previews" you the 2 screens...

now you start design.. or you use the scene i attached here... EXPORT it as a VPR.

whenever your finished.. create a MOSAIC, SURROUND or EYEFINITY with your 2 Screens.. the result should be 2 screens stitched together where the first screen is the touchscreen...

double click your VPR. This will start the runtime and your machine propably will use both screens to show the Presentation on.. i assume your first screen is your touchscreen...

there you go!
dualscreen_rotateCube.vza
(15.21 KiB) Downloaded 228 times
The Archive with a sample scene
dualscreen_rotateCube.vpr
(14.09 KiB) Downloaded 248 times
The Presentation from that sample scene

enjoy and regArts
Dee

:ugeek:

samsamtop

Post by samsamtop » 17 Oct 2019, 14:01

thank you very much

Macbeth2Be

Post by Macbeth2Be » 03 Nov 2019, 13:01

Thank you for detailed feedback.
One question related to double screen setup.
How could I offset the "touch", so it will work tk only on half of scene?

Dennis

Post by Dennis » 04 Nov 2019, 12:03

depends on what you want to achieve?!?:

if you want to restrict an area of the touchscreen to be "not touchable" you use "invisible rectangles (check to NOT BLOCK ON FULL ALPHA on material node!)" and position these where you want to "EXCLUDE TOUCH" (node= Touch excluder).

or you use the configuration editor and use the Touch regions (use the help tp find more info about that).

or you use your touch software and calibrate the areas to be excluded, like it is for the radar touch.

regArts
Dee

:ugeek: