Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

TUIO

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

Rajesh

TUIO

Post by Rajesh » 28 Oct 2015, 10:43

Hi everyone,

Am trying to integrate RadarTouch with Ventuz, haven't used OSC node before so have no idea how to use it to get the information from Radar touch. I understand it can be done with a C# script but am unable to locate any script as the old links which are mentioned elsewhere on forum no longer work.

Would be obliged if someone can point me in right direction about how to go about getting the TUIO information into Ventuz.

PS: The radartouch is generating information correctly, tested it using Touch designer.

Thanks and Regards,
Rajesh

lerou

Re: TUIO

Post by lerou » 28 Oct 2015, 11:21

You don't have to use OSC nodes to get TUIO signals. They are handled by Ventuz. Make sure you've configured your Ventuz correctly (check the port in config). Then the touch nodes should work.

Best,
rou

Rajesh

Post by Rajesh » 28 Oct 2015, 12:45

Thanks a ton! Lerou,

My bad, I had misunderstood , thought i need to interpret via OSC node and pass info to various nodes. Tried the Touch translation example and it works fine, altough am not able to see any response in the touch button example, is there any method of using with touch button node, because thats what i have to use, am making a touch screen based quiz.

Sorry for all these questions, am a newbie in TUIO scene and haven't had time to study this, kinda jumped right in due to short time to complete this project. :oops:

Still experimenting... :)

ErikB

Post by ErikB » 28 Oct 2015, 13:02

Hey,

the problem with single tap is that it works with a time window (i.e. any touch longer than X miliseconds, but shorter than Y will be considered a tap) - which is impossible to get right with the radar touch. So, instead most people use the touch enter and touch leave events instead.

that should work fine!

-E

lerou

Post by lerou » 28 Oct 2015, 13:11

I always use the TouchPressed boolean and pipe that into an event (into the boolean parameter in the event). That way the event is fired when the touch begins and I caputure involuntary drags etc.

Rajesh

Post by Rajesh » 28 Oct 2015, 13:46

Thanks a lot Lerou and Erik will try these suggestions out. :D

pmunoz

Post by pmunoz » 12 Jun 2019, 21:38

Thanks! We have a touch screen ELO, and aways must to change the interaction parameters, but it´s so dificult to get an always singletab event...
I think that the lerou suggestion it´s the best solution... but you must to create a event node for each touch button...

THANKS!!!