Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Touch from outside Geometry

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

sribas

Touch from outside Geometry

Post by sribas » 25 Apr 2019, 13:05

Hello Guys !

I would like to know if it's possible to use touch transformation when my finger is already pressed on the screen, but come from outside the geometry linked to the touch transform, then use it if my finger is inside (kill my english, i'll make an example)

example :

Finger start to touch screen on A, then i would like my finger slide to point B and touch transformation node moving (but it actually don't, i can see "touch enter", "touch leave" events sent but values don't follow finger).

(same problem if i use reset function while touching, touch will not work until i remove my finger from the screen and put it back into geometry)

Thanks.

Karol

Re: Touch from outside Geometry

Post by Karol » 29 Apr 2019, 09:35

Hi scribas,

this is not possible with the current implementation of our touch system.

Best Regards
Karol

chriss0212

Re: Touch from outside Geometry

Post by chriss0212 » 14 May 2019, 08:40

It should be possible, with the TouchRipple in combination with some logig on TouchEnter of the Mesh.

Solution gets more complicated, if it is a multi touch screen, but still possible.

Greetings

Christian