Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Render To Disk

Post requests for new features to this forum group. Any suggestion to expand the possibilities of Ventuz are welcome.

Moderator: Support

CFHarty

Render To Disk

Post by CFHarty » 05 Feb 2019, 12:27

Hi All

Often times clients will require a frame of their logo for print, normally we make these within Ventuz then use the render to disk functionality rendering a single frame. I haven't found a better way to do it. Here s an example of the settings I use:
RenderSettings1.PNG
The attachment RenderSettings1.PNG is no longer available
The issue I have with this is when rendering any frame above 4K-5K Ventuz will crash (is Ventuz blowing through the frame buffer?).
On to the request, would it be possible to have a richer render to disk option for single frames, one which allows for adjustment of DPI, a greater selection of formats (such as psd), and one that allows for much greater resolution?

If this is not feasible or if there is already a way of doing this I am unaware of then I'd love to know more. :D

Cheers
-Ciaran
Ciaran
Kinetic Pixel
Software Developer

Karol

Re: Render To Disk

Post by Karol » 06 Feb 2019, 11:58

Hi Ciaran,

i tested the R2D with a rather simple scene and created an PNG image of 8000 x 4500 px.
This just worked without problems. I could imagine that your scene is much more complex with a lot of layers.
So if you increase the output resolution all the layers have to be recreated to match the new resolution and then you probably run out of GPU memory...
I would test this with a RenderSetup which has the same resolution as your R2D output to see if get a crash too.

Did you get any crash reports?

Best Regards
Karol

CFHarty

Post by CFHarty » 06 Feb 2019, 16:09

Hi Karol

After testing on a few machines I've been unable to recreate my issue, however all the machines I have available to test have a much higher video memory when compared with the original machine, so this was almost certainly the problem.

When the original machine is available to me again I will try recreating the issue.

I would still request a more feature rich image rendering option within the designer though as it would be a great help for myself and rest of team, and I'm sure would be helpful for others.

Cheers
-Ciaran
Ciaran
Kinetic Pixel
Software Developer

Christian Krix Schmidt

Post by Christian Krix Schmidt » 27 Feb 2019, 14:00

The fastest and most flexible way of taking full resolution screenshots is using the Machine Configuration. Even with Designer open, simply open Machine Config, create a new render setup with the desired resolution (one monitor) and once you save the preset, the Designer will automatically switch to it. Ventuz Designer will now render at that resolution and scale it down to fit your current Render Window. Works with any resolution. Know you can simply save a snapshot to disk or better yet, press CTRL+SHIFT+C to save the render output to clipboard. Create a new image in Photoshop. It will have the same measurements. Paste and you can export your screenshot in any format and quality you want. If you need to switch between several resolutions then simply create a few presets in Machine Config and you can switch between them in the Stage Editor on the fly.

Chris