Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Undefined Keyboard shortcuts

Please report bugs in this group. We will maybe populate a list of known bugs with a possibly modified description at a later time.

Moderator: Support

Naggar

Undefined Keyboard shortcuts

Post by Naggar » 15 Oct 2018, 09:17

Hi guys..

Had a few issues with keyboard shortcuts that I'd like to address.
For a recent event I had F10 as my hotkey for "stop recording" in OBS. and I realized that while the renderer is selected or VPR is running, My ventuz show gets completely paused until F10 is pressed again. I couldn't find this button in the Documentation, and it could have caused a major issue during the show if i hadn't realized it before hand. There are other hotkeys that are "general" but i think should be mentioned as well; even basic ones such as Alt+Enter to go to windowed mode and so on.

If they are mentioned and I simply couldnt find it, please direct me to the page in documentation. otherwise could we please have a list of these unknown shortucts?

Thanks.
Naggar

Karol

Re: Undefined Keyboard shortcuts

Post by Karol » 15 Oct 2018, 09:34

Hi Naggar,

Can you reproduce this issue in a simple Ventuz scene without OBS?
If no then this might be a OBS issue. Did this happen in Designer or Runtime?
F10 does not have any functionality in Ventuz.

Best Regards
Karol

Naggar

Post by Naggar » 15 Oct 2018, 10:14

Hi Karol,
Then it must be a bug, it happens in both designer and in presentations, and only when ventuz designer or the runtime is selected, it does not happen when I press F10 while any application other than Ventuz is selected. Also I just realized that F10 makes it freeze, and clicking anything or pressing any button in designer UI unfreezes it, not just pressing F10 again. This has been tested in three computers, two of which have ventuz v6.01.01.107, and one of my colleagues computer is v6.01.02. same issue on both.

heres a link to a testing video: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Igutw ... _EJHkNYP07

Karol

Post by Karol » 15 Oct 2018, 11:33

Hi Naggar,

I checked the whole source code and there is no code which would react on a single F10 key (only in combination with Shift or Ctrl which shows Hierarchy and Container Outline windows).
I also tested Designer and Runtime and could not reproduce it here.
Can you reproduce it with the simple 'Rotating Cube' scene or does this only happen with the scene from the video?

Best Regards
Karol

Naggar

Post by Naggar » 15 Oct 2018, 13:09

Karol

Post by Karol » 15 Oct 2018, 13:45

Wow, very mysterious!
Is it possible that you have any tools (besides OBS) installed which interfere with the DirectX rendering? Could you temporarily uninstall OBS and test again?

Karol

Karol

Post by Karol » 15 Oct 2018, 14:00

Update: I can reproduce it now with an undocked Renderer window! But no idea what's going on, yet!

Naggar

Post by Naggar » 16 Oct 2018, 11:37

do you still need me to test with OBS uninstalled?, because I think its not related to it. Also one of the computers it was tested on was a show computer, so I had very few softwares installed on it. Mainly Ventuz, team viewer and a few drivers installed on it.
Karol wrote:
15 Oct 2018, 14:00
Update: I can reproduce it now with an undocked Renderer window! But no idea what's going on, yet!
P.S. Just tested with Ventuz 5, and the same things happen to me. It freezes only when the renderer is undocked and selected. while in ventuz 6, it happens even if the renderer is docked and if any layout in ventuz is selected.

Karol

Post by Karol » 16 Oct 2018, 12:19

Hi Naggar,

I found and fixed it!

Thanks
Karol

lerou

Post by lerou » 17 Oct 2018, 08:09

what was it? what was it? A debug pause mode some dev left in there? You know, this might sell as a feature :)