Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Error: Two Machines with the same SystemID

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ

Moderator: Support

Daniel Willer

Error: Two Machines with the same SystemID

Post by Daniel Willer » 19 Aug 2016, 11:19

Ventuz is generating a SystemID for every Machine Ventuz is installed on. Those SystemID's have to be unique across the Network especially when it comes to remote configuration and cluster synchronization.
Unfortunately it isn't when your are working with cloned windows images.
To solve the issue you have to apply a Registry Key with a unique SystemID for each Machine manually.

Simply copy the following text into a file, change the SystemID and save it as a .reg file. Double click the file to add the regKey to the System.

Code: Select all

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ventuz Technology\Ventuz]
"SystemID"="UNIQUE MACHINE NAME"

MATIM

Re: Error: Two Machines with the same SystemID

Post by MATIM » 04 Oct 2018, 18:31

Hi,

I try your solution on both machine.
Reboot the machine.

but i doesnt work , i receive always the same message.
errorSystemID.PNG
Any idea ?

Thanks

Mat.

MATIM

Post by MATIM » 05 Oct 2018, 07:51

Hi,

is the SystemID generated by Ventuz based on Product's ID from WINDOWS 10 system Information?

if so , you have to generated this SystemID from machine's ID from WINDOWS 10 system Information;

because if you buy severals machines of the same type, they have the same product's ID.

and you willl get the same SystemID Error in the Ventuz configuration editor.

I already try to change manualy the registry Key with a SystemID like you say.
It is not working ? i get the same message in the Ventuz configuation editor.

What can I do ?

Regards
Mat.

see image attached.
The attachment VRBP4.PNG is no longer available
The attachment VRBP3.PNG is no longer available
VRBP3.PNG

NicoPAssionate3D

Post by NicoPAssionate3D » 22 Dec 2023, 16:22

It seems you've identified a common problem when working with cloned Windows images in an environment where unique system IDs are required, as is the case with Ventuz. Sharing your solution for manually updating the system ID via the registry is very valuable and could help many other users in the same situation.

Your method of changing the system ID by modifying the registry is a straightforward and effective approach. However, I'd like to add a word of caution: modifying the Windows registry can be risky if not done properly. It's crucial to back up the registry before making any changes, in case it's necessary to restore the previous state of the system.

For those unfamiliar with registry editing, or looking for tools that can facilitate this process (and many other system management tasks). This site offers a selection of professional software that can help with systems management, network configuration and much more, which could be particularly useful in a work environment where managing multiple machines is commonplace.
Last edited by NicoPAssionate3D on 22 Dec 2023, 16:26, edited 2 times in total.