Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

PLE Restrictions

All other topics about Ventuz Director here.

Moderator: Support

Jodaine Moore

PLE Restrictions

Post by Jodaine Moore » 05 Dec 2019, 14:16

Hi All,

I have been using Ventuz for a while now, but I do not have access to a Licence anymore.

So to keep up to date with the new Ventuz features/ versions I download the PLE version on every release.

What I have tried recently is getting data from external files eg JSON and I can't seem to get the data to update live.
I also tried using the script node to process the data then bind it directly to the text node but still no live update for the text node. In all, I found that the output of every node does not work as it usually does in the full designer licence.

Is this a licence restriction? or is it something I am doing wrong?

Cheers,
J

Dennis

Re: PLE Restrictions

Post by Dennis » 06 Dec 2019, 10:36

Hey Jodaine,

sorry to hear that you no longer got access to a license.

Usally: NO, No restrictions apply to a PLE version, except the Watermark.
It could be that this is the result of a Bug.

We will have a look at it.

Have a great Day!
Dee

lerou

Post by lerou » 06 Dec 2019, 11:09

Jodaine Moore wrote:
05 Dec 2019, 14:16
What I have tried recently is getting data from external files eg JSON and I can't seem to get the data to update live.
I also tried using the script node to process the data then bind it directly to the text node but still no live update for the text node. In all, I found that the output of every node does not work as it usually does in the full designer licence.
What do you mean "output of every node does not work"? Basically nothing works?!

For the files: where is your file that you want to live update? The live update (parameter auto-update) relies on the file system notifying Ventuz. That doesn't work for all file systems or for network drives.

Jodaine Moore

Post by Jodaine Moore » 10 Dec 2019, 14:50

Thanks, Dee and Lerou.

After all, it was definitely things I was doing wrong.

Firstly, I was updating the File on the `E Drive` while the Ventuz was looking for the JSON file "Ventuz: Data" - To fix that I used the absolute path with the URL node.

Secondly, with the script, I was not setting `changed` to true, I could see the data in the output of the script node but it was not updating the text node.

Thanks,
J

Dennis

Post by Dennis » 13 Jan 2020, 10:43

Jodaine Moore wrote:
10 Dec 2019, 14:50
Firstly, I was updating the File on the `E Drive` while the Ventuz was looking for the JSON file "Ventuz: Data" - To fix that I used the absolute path with the URL node.
I am a Professional.. and create the same desasters :D Dont worry :D