Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Ventuz 6.3 Web Browser

Please report bugs in this group. We will maybe populate a list of known bugs with a possibly modified description at a later time.

Moderator: Support

u-double-u

Ventuz 6.3 Web Browser

Post by u-double-u » 13 Apr 2021, 14:48

Hi,

somehow I can not get the webbrowser to show anything. No Google, not our own website. Nothing. Not even the builtin interactive help-examples. Firewall on/off, nothing matters.. http or fttps...
Is it me? Again?

Dennis

Re: Ventuz 6.3 Web Browser

Post by Dennis » 14 Apr 2021, 09:49

Ventuz 6.3 ? or 6.8.3 ? o.O
exactly 6.3 or 6.3.x?

regArts
Dee

:ugeek:

u-double-u

Post by u-double-u » 14 Apr 2021, 11:57

Thats what it sais in Configuration Editor

Dennis

Post by Dennis » 14 Apr 2021, 15:22

This is a quit old version, but in the end you got the release with the updated chromium already which was in 6.3.3. Aside from that a LOT.. i mean A LOOOOT bugfixes happened for the CEF /Browser meanwhile, so it would be wise to update asap.

Anyways, this shouldnt really fix your issue, could you please have a look at the log file? we have a log file for the WbBrowser.log in the Public documents folder. I remember you moved your whole V6 public document structure to another location - could it be possible that you cant use the browser node since then ? :) ;)

The configuration editor has as well some settings to "tune" the webbrowser behavior - like a webfilter, blocker and so on... check these as well please!

regArts
Dee

u-double-u

Post by u-double-u » 19 Apr 2021, 17:15

I guess figured it out.
Since some time ago I had problems with Ventuz shutting off my internet-access I had created a firewall rule to prevent just that. This again blocked the websites from loading. So when changing the rule it worked immediately. Now I am waiting to see whats happening with Internet-access.