Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Movie Playback Jerky

Please report bugs in this group. We will maybe populate a list of known bugs with a possibly modified description at a later time.

Moderator: Support

mervyntan

Movie Playback Jerky

Post by mervyntan » 10 Oct 2019, 08:29

Hi guys,

I'm jumping from V3 to V6 after some time away. As I'm familiarizing myself with the new UI, I seem to have an issue with movie playback being very jerky. It's especially apparent with the audio.

Here's a recording I took with my phone.
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AqOQNfXM9V_dlSGZoCsdrvtnRm1_

There's nothing wrong with the source file when played in VLC. Also, I've tried a few other videos, same jerky effect.

What can I do?

Cheers!
Mervyn

u-double-u

Re: Movie Playback Jerky

Post by u-double-u » 11 Oct 2019, 10:02

cant see the movie

Jan

Post by Jan » 14 Oct 2019, 10:47

Hi Mervyn.
We need a bit more Information to help you. What exactly do you mean by Jerky? Which exact Ventuz Version are you using? And some Hardware info are always good.

mervyntan

Post by mervyntan » 14 Oct 2019, 17:04

Hi Jan,

The video I shared on OneDrive in the link above is an example of the jerking - as though a few frames dropped every few seconds. It's especially obvious in the audio in that some lyrics get cut out.

I'm working of a Dell XPS 9380 Core i7-8565U 512GB SSD 16GB with integrated graphics and UHD touch screen.

As of now, the issue has disappeared, I suspect after I reduced the laptop's resolution from 3840x2160 to 1920x1080. Could be a lack of resources causing a lag during the video decoding. Don't have time for further testing at the moment as the project is due tomorrow.

u-double-u

Post by u-double-u » 16 Oct 2019, 10:43

dHi, finally saw it... You can try isolating the issue by disabling everything else but the movieplayer. I had something alike and has to reduce the scene, like reduce geometry (polygon count was very high). There was too much going on.

Jan

Post by Jan » 16 Oct 2019, 14:56

Yeah pretty much for integrated Graphics.
Glad you sorted it out!