Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Particle system not resetting

Please report bugs in this group. We will maybe populate a list of known bugs with a possibly modified description at a later time.

Moderator: Support

mayuri_s

Particle system not resetting

Post by mayuri_s » 25 Dec 2018, 07:11

Hi :) ,
I'm having an issue where when the number of active forces in my particle system reaches a certain number, the particle system stops resetting, and the particle count reduces to 1 (almost like its killing all the other particles).

I assumed it was because of the dotted line that appears after the simulation, but I tried opening the same file on another system, and for some reason it worked. Would be great if someone could help me out with this...

Thanks!
Attachments
Capture2.PNG

mayuri_s

Re: Particle system not resetting

Post by mayuri_s » 06 Jan 2019, 06:52

Hi again
I still have this issue and I need a solution soon...
I've noticed that the issue is not with the number of forces, but the number of modules. No matter what module I add, when the number of modules behind the simulation goes above eight, it stops working.
Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if this is a bug. :(

Dennis

Post by Dennis » 16 Jan 2019, 13:15

Aloha,

can you send me the scene please and i will have a look at it.

FYI:

the dotted line means its passing the calculations behind that line into the second shader, the particles will be written into a buffer and then the secondary shader can make use of them. the particle system itself will become a bit slower but dont worry that doesnt mean it will be rendered in the second frame.

regArts
Dee

mayuri_s

Post by mayuri_s » 17 Jan 2019, 12:44

Hello (:

My bad, I somehow managed to get it to work by experimenting a bit with a buffer like you said and rearranging the modules. Forgot to mention it here, sorry! :P

Although I still don't understand why it was working on one system without the buffer and not on the other. Here's the scene file from when it wasn't working if you want to look at it: LINK

Dennis

Post by Dennis » 17 Jan 2019, 16:08

appreciated, thanks!

Dee