Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

SSAO Ambient Occlusion Filter

Post requests for new features to this forum group. Any suggestion to expand the possibilities of Ventuz are welcome.

Moderator: Support

Naggar

SSAO Ambient Occlusion Filter

Post by Naggar » 08 Nov 2020, 07:31

Hello Ventuz team
Often I end up disabling AO altogether simply because I have a few Alpha materials on some meshes, fake beam lights with alpha or particle systems in a 3D scene.
Therefore I would like to request for a filter node to exclude SSAO for meshes in a layer if possible..

Thanks and best regards
Naggar

Dennis

Re: SSAO Ambient Occlusion Filter

Post by Dennis » 11 Nov 2020, 09:50

Hey Naggar,

i am pretty sure it is not possible, since the SSAO is as the name says: a screenspace solution...
disabling screenspace fx for certain objects will not work then.

i will have a talk to the engine developer and will get back to you asap.

regArts
Dee

Naggar

Post by Naggar » 12 Nov 2020, 09:18

I'm aware that its Screen space, but I was thinking that it would be something similar to 3D ref layer mechanism, if 3D reference layer can remove something from one layer and show it in another, maybe there could be a similar approach with the AO overlay (when filtering it out it is completely blocked from the AO "Layer").

Thanks though :)

lerou

Post by lerou » 12 Nov 2020, 11:15

It would already be helpful if those settings (the ones you find in the layer's root node) could be changed fo a ref layer. Then you could use a second render pass (ref layer) and filters. However, using two layers would kill your z-test, which is often not useful as well...