Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Value switch control More difficult to use

Post requests for new features to this forum group. Any suggestion to expand the possibilities of Ventuz are welcome.

Moderator: Support

zding

Value switch control More difficult to use

Post by zding » 17 Apr 2020, 04:36

The input string of value switch control is inconvenient

SamTheSwede

Re: Value switch control More difficult to use

Post by SamTheSwede » 17 Apr 2020, 09:48

I agree, if we could have inputs like in the Expression nodes, where you could put values directly into it that would be nice.

Two time saving solutions though:

For a two-way value switch I usually have an expression node instead (input == 0 ? A:B) but a more flexible way would be to prepare a content container with a value switch with connected stringVariable nodes (as many as you like) and expose those, expose the output, case and Set switch from the container, and you have yourself a Value switch that you could put into your System Repository and reuse whenever you want it.

// Sam

Naggar

Re: Value switch control More difficult to use

Post by Naggar » 19 Jun 2020, 09:12

I think the value switch has its own advantage as you can input any type of variable since the inputs is (object) and not string, so it can even take in textures.
Whenever I want to use only one type of variable i just use Multi Switch instead. the "set" method is the only thing that its missing. But as Sam mentioned it can easily be added as well in a container with an event linked to the argument output.