Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

immersive projection room

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

edgarlv

immersive projection room

Post by edgarlv » 13 Jan 2022, 03:09

Hey Guys

Newb here, I have checked the software and i think is going to work for me i just wanted to confirm what I will need for my project:

I have a room where i am going to install 10 projectors each with 1920 x 1080, I need to combine them all for 19200 x 1080, with a single video h264 and a few other videos on top sometimes. For what i have read i will need to setup a cluster, or can i drive the outputs from a single computer with 3 gpu with 4 outputs each gpu?

If i setup the cluster, do i need special quadro cards for each computer?
Can i do the blending of the projectors in the cluster?
can i setup a computer with core studio and 2 with core runtime to use the director and the designer?
If i wanted to run each projector at higher resolutions do i need to add more computers to the cluster?
Is the limit 4k for every computer in cluster?

Any reference on a similar project or info will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Frederik

Re: immersive projection room

Post by Frederik » 17 Jan 2022, 11:30

Hello,

for your setup, like you already wrote, you will need a cluster. Currently it is not possible to use multiple GPUs in one machine to render content.
For a cluster setup it is important to use professional graphic cards, since you'll need to synchronize them via a sync board. If you want to use Nvidia or AMD is up to you.
You can do your Blending and Image Correction and a adjusting completely with the Ventuz Configuration Editor.
Coming to the license: For rendering in a cluster, you need an Enterprise licenses. Therefore you are able to render without any resolution limit from Ventuz. Please reach out to us via sales@ventuz.com

For the further setup: The best is to setup your render cluster machines with Enterprise runtimes and control them via the Director. The whole design process will happen on a single machine with Ventuz Designer.
You can switch to a higher resolutions easily but the maximum Limit is 16k pixels on a machine. This limitation is a DirectX limit, therefore Ventuz is bound to this maximal limitation. You would need more computers for a setup with 4k Projectors.
Please be aware that the performance of the Graphic Card in such a scenario, with High Resolution, heavily depends on your usage of Ventuz.

I hope I could help you,
Dont hesitate to ask more questions :)
Regards, Frederik

edgarlv

Post by edgarlv » 21 Jan 2022, 23:56

Thank you

Very helpful, i have already contacted the sales team.

Hope to get an answer soon.

Thank you

edgarlv

Post by edgarlv » 25 Jan 2022, 01:48

Hi Frederick, sorry to bother, but i sent and email and made some calls to the number for USA. And I haven't had any response from the sales team. I know that probably you are even in another area, but I would appreciate if you could let them know we are trying to communicate with them. Sorry to bother.

Thank you

Frederik

Post by Frederik » 25 Jan 2022, 11:46

Hello,
I pinged the Sales Team. Sorry that you couldn't reach someone so far.

Regards,
Frederik