Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Audio from Live video input

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

u-double-u

Audio from Live video input

Post by u-double-u » 11 Dec 2020, 15:32

Hi Ventuziasts,

is it me or why do I not get audio inputs thru a webcam or Camlink4K or NDI to be heard in Ventuz? Trying with 6.7 Community Edition.
I can see it when turning the statics on. But i cant hear or control it.

cheers, stay safe and healthy.

Jan

Re: Audio from Live video input

Post by Jan » 11 Dec 2020, 17:53

Hello there,
did you configure the crosspoints in the AV Config?

u-double-u

Post by u-double-u » 11 Dec 2020, 20:09

no, I looked them but don‘t really know what to change from the default setting. Movienodes’ audio is playing and audible.

lerou

Post by lerou » 12 Dec 2020, 13:18

add the audio devices you want to hear. Then make suere there are crosspoints from those devices (for instance Microphone or your Webcam) to your Output (not to Ventuz, unless you want to process it).
Attachments
audio.png

u-double-u

Post by u-double-u » 12 Dec 2020, 20:04

thanks, will try it. Nice weekend.

u-double-u

Post by u-double-u » 14 Dec 2020, 13:16

hi again. So I tried it, adding a crosspoint connecting in and out „directly“ works. But to me this concept is difficult, since now I keep hearing that audio source all the time. Its like bypassing everything I do im Ventuz.
What I want is to have different sources with audio, that I switch between. Like a videoswitcher.
How hard can it be?

Dennis

Post by Dennis » 18 Dec 2020, 12:23

NDI must not configured in the AV Config anymore - use the NDI Receiver node instead. There you have a VOLUME Property to control. This can be handled in the logic and shut off when not in use...

I agree its kind of not so comfortable to have no control over webcam audio stream but in THIS case the webcam is routed by a crosspoint - this crosspoint can be controlled with a "VolumeControl" node - and selecting the appropriate Ordinal.

This is not hard - this is logic and makes in every way sense and offers you full control over the whole process.

regArts
Dee

:ugeek:

u-double-u

Post by u-double-u » 21 Dec 2020, 16:47

hm... i might my difficulties with this „logic“.
Whatever Crosspoint I select whith the VolumeControl, it has no effect on audio.
Trying the same things with the free OBS Studio, everything works inmediately, I can hear it, see it change volume, turn off monitoring, it switches audio and video at the same time.
This is what I am trying to do.
And yes, I know I can do all that in OBS and just feed the output into Ventuz..
Cheers.
And have a nice holidaytime everyone