Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

How to set up multiple NDI Outputs in Designer

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

Naggar

How to set up multiple NDI Outputs in Designer

Post by Naggar » 05 Nov 2020, 13:00

Hi

Can anyone tell me how I can create multiple layers in Ventuz designer and somehow set a scene/layer/port or anything to different NDI Output channels? if that is not how it works, what is the purpose of being able to set multiple NDI outputs in ventuz configuration editor?

For example I would like to have a 3D Scene with two cameras using 3D reference Layer, and set one layer to NDI output A, and another layer to NDI Output B. is this possible?

Thanks
Naggar

Robert

Re: How to set up multiple NDI Outputs in Designer

Post by Robert » 08 Nov 2020, 11:40

Hi Naggar,

You can use one pipe per NDI output and control scene loading / activation with a remoting piece of code.

Karol updated the sample code for remoting. You can find it here :
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3407&p=12132&hilit ... emo#p12132

I don't know exactly how the resources are managed in such a situation but I know that cluster clock is shared.
Maybe dev guys could bring more answer here regarding osc listener, textures...

Regards,

Robert

Naggar

Post by Naggar » 02 Aug 2021, 14:54

Robert wrote:
08 Nov 2020, 11:40
Karol updated the sample code for remoting. You can find it here :
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3407&p=12132&hilit ... emo#p12132
I really tried using this, but I think its something different I need.
Now with UE4 integrateion, Im trying to use multipipe to get two outputs as NDI.. I dont understand how to output multiple NDIs in any way unless its used as preview/ program in V director. whenever I add multiple Outputs in AV Config (whether its NDI or Offscreen), I get a popup saying that "second output is disabled) whenever I try to run Ventuz Designer.

If anyone can tell me If possible.. how can I output two NDIs or any two "Pipes" with different feeds (Ventuz Output A + Ventuz Output B) please let me know

Karol

Post by Karol » 04 Aug 2021, 08:29

Designer can only render to a single Pipe.
Only Runtime can handle multiple render pipe outputs.

Best Regards
Karol

Naggar

Post by Naggar » 05 Aug 2021, 08:30

Okay thats good news,

Lets say i have a canvas which is 3840 x 1080.. I want to set the left half of screen to be Pipe 0 and the right half of the screen to be Pipe 1 for example.
is this something that could be done? or is there a workaround to have any two outputs with different content rendering out within the same project?
(Even if there is no preview of the second Pipe in designer - would work on runtime?)

Thanks