Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

VMSClient.Proj method with Path

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

Karol

Re: VMSClient.Proj method with Path

Post by Karol » 08 Jun 2020, 17:09

Hi Etienne,

it's not necessary that the VPR is located in the Ventuz project folder where it was created!
BUT it must be located in a folder that was configured for VMS (RMB on VMS Icon in Taskbar -> Configure).
In other words: VMS can only start Runtime with a Project or VPR in folders that it knows about.

Hope this helps
Karol

Etienne

Post by Etienne » 08 Jun 2020, 17:19

Karol wrote:
08 Jun 2020, 17:09
In other words: VMS can only start Runtime with a Project or VPR in folders that it knows about.
Not only that but you MUST perform a scan before Ventuz recognizes the VPR. If you simply copy a VPR to a (VMS) Projects folder, you will get a "Requested Project not found" exception.

Now that I have your attention, anything that can be done about adding a VMS Projects folder programmatically? VMSClient.Proj doesn't seem to work nor does VMSClient.GetCFG.

Karol

Post by Karol » 09 Jun 2020, 10:54

Hi Etienne,

you're right.
I have no idea why these restrictions are taken into account if you specify a full path to the VPR.
I will try to improve this for one of the next updates. But for you and your current version there is no workaround beside writing an own service which starts what you want...

Best Regards
Karol

Etienne

Post by Etienne » 09 Jun 2020, 16:18

Right now my application assumes the Projects folder is configured properly. I iterate through the VMSProjectDetails returned by VMSClient.Proj, looking for my VPR. If it is not found, I run a Scan and loop through VMSProjectDetails again. If it is still not found, a message is displayed for the VMS to be configured. With lerou's suggestion to edit the Config, I think the limitations can be worked around, but not with Ventuz 5 (couldn't find the location of the VMS Projects config file). Do you know where Ventuz 5 saves the VMS Projects configuration? I will post a separate question for this.