Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

8K resolution video

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

drfarkos

8K resolution video

Post by drfarkos » 27 Apr 2020, 15:15

Hi guys!
I am planning a big videowall installation: 14 portrait FullHD displays, which gives us 15120 x 1920 px resolution (almost 8k).
Project will be relatively simple, but resource-hungry. I need a looped video to playback fullscreen, and up to 5 HD (1024x768) videos playback in popup windows.
Obviously, I cannot test this config, so if someone has a clue about possible configuration, I would be very grateful.
I think about a cluster of 4 machines, each one handling a 4K resulution.
1) one of them has to be master and two slaves? (sorry for a stupid question, I never did a multi-machine setup)
2) do I need a special hardware card on my workstations to frame-sync?
3) do I have to use Director for this project?

Karol

Re: 8K resolution video

Post by Karol » 29 Apr 2020, 14:10

Hi!

For Cluster setup I recommend reading this: https://www.ventuz.com/support/help/lat ... ml?itm=306
For hires video playback you really need fast HW. Do you have details about the codecs that should be used?

Cheers
Karol