Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Content editor - view All Nodes

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

u-double-u

Content editor - view All Nodes

Post by u-double-u » 04 Mar 2020, 12:58

Hi,
which one was the shortcut to view all existing nodes of one layer in the content-editor-window? It is such a drag to have to select everything one at a time and uncollapse...
cheers

lerou

Re: Content editor - view All Nodes

Post by lerou » 04 Mar 2020, 14:21

I didn't know there was such a shortcut. Can't find anything in the doc.

u-double-u

Re: Content editor - view All Nodes / Wishlist + „Undo“

Post by u-double-u » 05 Mar 2020, 13:34

ok, I thought so, but did not want to sound like I have no idea... Maybe it could be a nice feature... The current workflow drives me crazy. I disconnect something, bam, that element is invisible, I have to search and select for an element that is hopefully connected to it.
Also maybe we could have a modern new „undo“? One that can be implememted?

lerou

Post by lerou » 06 Mar 2020, 07:03

Yes, the disappearing content nodes are very annoying. Which is why I've asked to fix that a few moons ago. Another option would be to make the existing feature of node families useful.

u-double-u

Post by u-double-u » 06 Mar 2020, 12:28

Could be a button up in the menu, next to render, info etc. buttons. „Show all“, even the „orphaned“ nodes.
And maybe a button „clean up“, that helps getting the nodes layout straightened out a bit.
All this could help operators to get into an existing project easier. Like, if one catches a virus and colleague has to jump in..

Karol

Post by Karol » 09 Mar 2020, 15:36

There is no possibility to view all Content node.
But you could use the 'Uncollapse All' button (Ctrl-Shuift-X) for those Content nodes which have a connection to the selected Hierarchy node.