Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Disabling a touch button after its been touched?

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

mtyndorf

Disabling a touch button after its been touched?

Post by mtyndorf » 20 Jan 2020, 19:13

Hey Guys

Another question from a relative newcomer: Is there a way to disable a touch button (or the object its been assigned to) after the touch entry has been detected? I see "Blocked" and "Inactive" under the "state" menu in the touch button's Input window, but I'm a bit confused as to how to store that state until it is "reset".

Think of a button that has a video mapped to it that is triggered via touchEntry. The touch triggers the video to play back, it holds on its last frame, but then it needs to be taken out so that its not re-triggered again until a master reset of the scene is done. I can get the state to change briefly but how can I make it persistent and resettable?

Thanks!

lerou

Re: Disabling a touch button after its been touched?

Post by lerou » 21 Jan 2020, 07:22

Use a toggle, connect its output to the touch button's enabled state. When the button's trigger fires -> turn toggle off. On scene reset -> turn toggle on.

Jan

Re: Disabling a touch button after its been touched?

Post by Jan » 03 Feb 2020, 13:13

What lerou said. Plus i recommend using soft states for the video reset. So you dont have such trouble resetting it to the first one.