Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Query running status between VPR files?

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

mrmacmusic

Query running status between VPR files?

Post by mrmacmusic » 27 Jun 2019, 09:06

I'm probably missing something simple here, but how can I query the status of one VPR from another VPR?

I'm using various OSC messages to communicate between separate 'master' and 'client' presentations, but can only get data back from the client if it is running – I'd like to be able receive (and act on) a "not running" status... is that possible?

lerou

Re: Query running status between VPR files?

Post by lerou » 27 Jun 2019, 10:40

Using C# code and Remoting you can communicate with the VMS and get the status. Check out the manual on that.

mrmacmusic

Post by mrmacmusic » 27 Jun 2019, 11:52

Thanks Lerou... I'd also like to be able to query other software (not just the client VPR) using OSC but I can't quite my head around how I can make my master VPR do something if it *doesn't* receive an expected OSC message... will puzzle on this some more!

lerou

Post by lerou » 29 Jun 2019, 09:54

what's your VPR supposed to do? What's the other software?

I can only answer for Ventuz: with a few lines of C# code (from any application or from a Ventuz script) you can query the State (not running, ..) and even start a project/scene. So creating a kind of whatchdog is possible. You can even react to changes in the state - so an additional OSC heartbeat is not required.