Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Laptops with Nvidia Mosaic (internal display)

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

mrmacmusic

Laptops with Nvidia Mosaic (internal display)

Post by mrmacmusic » 03 Jun 2019, 10:43

I've seen this question asked before but can't find an up-to-date answer... can anyone confirm whether or not there any Nvidia laptops which support a Mosaic setup including the built-in display, e.g. laptop display plus external HDMI in a 2x1 3840x1080 configuration? I've done this before using an HP Z Book with AMD/Eyefinity but I can't seem to disable the Intel GPU on my new MSI WS63 (Quadro P3200)...

Dennis

Re: Laptops with Nvidia Mosaic (internal display)

Post by Dennis » 03 Jun 2019, 10:51

You should be able by using the Nvidia Configuration Tool (Rightclick on Desktop) and go for the "Manage 3D Settings" Tab.
There you should be able to set "use NVIDIA Processor or something like that as a global setting.

Means all Applications will prefer to use the NVIDIA GPU and therefore the mosaic (for Professional cards like the P3200) should be working quit good.

regArts
Dennis

Ps: some settings or names might differ,.. i just wrote it straight out of my head without having the panels in front of me

:ugeek:

mrmacmusic

Re: Laptops with Nvidia Mosaic (internal display)

Post by mrmacmusic » 03 Jun 2019, 11:17

...that's what I thought too Dennis, but it doesn't work – the internal laptop display doesn't show up as connected to the Nvidia GPU and therefore can't be used to create a Mosaic configuration (and there's no option in the BIOS as there is with the ZBook to disable the internal Intel GPU).