Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

TUIO Output C# Script?

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

mrmacmusic

TUIO Output C# Script?

Post by mrmacmusic » 24 May 2019, 13:54

I understand that Ventuz supports TUIO input, however I'd like to make my presentation output TUIO messages.

I’m using the Touch Ripple node to grab x/y and pressed touch data, but using an OSC Output node to send this as a TUIO message doesn’t work... I think I need a C# script to take this data and compute the correct /tuio/2Dcur message bundle and send it via UDP instead of using the OSC Output node.

Can anyone help or at least point me in the right direction?

Eric_RD

Re: TUIO Output C# Script?

Post by Eric_RD » 28 May 2019, 11:03

Hi,
somehow you might be able to send correct TUIO Data with the OSC Output Node. The suggested way of taking a C# Script might be easier as you can set all OSC parameters by yourself and build bundles out of messages.
Ventuz even comes with its own OSC library ready to use. ==> Documentation can be found in the Start menu->Ventuz API and SDK
This Library works a little bit different then the reacTIVision one...

So my suggested way would be:
Implement the Ventuz.OSC namespace into your Script
Build the necessary messages (source, alive, set, fseq)
bundle them
and send them...

I don't know about the latest version of this API but always make shure to use asci strings. If Unicode is an option, it would only work within Ventuz...
Regards, Eric

mrmacmusic

Re: TUIO Output C# Script?

Post by mrmacmusic » 28 May 2019, 15:22

Thanks Eric, much appreciated... I'll check out the Ventuz.OSC documentation and hopefully I can figure it out!