Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Virtual webcam

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

groukou

Virtual webcam

Post by groukou » 26 Nov 2018, 14:46

Hello, I was wondering if it possible to use the feed of a virtual webcam on my machine as an input for the Live Video node. Thank you for your response :)

Dennis

Re: Virtual webcam

Post by Dennis » 27 Nov 2018, 11:03

basically you can use the Virtual Webcam module from OBS as a Live input in ventuz.. yes

regArts
Dee

groukou

Post by groukou » 28 Nov 2018, 11:13

Good morning, should I able to see the obs virtual cam on the ventuz configuration editor? It doesn't appear as a device , appreciate the help!

Dennis

Post by Dennis » 28 Nov 2018, 13:56

Hey again,

i counterchecked it with virtual cam and sadly it is not supported right now since it uses a directshow device instead of the needed media foundation device.

i have created a ticket for that! I understand it would be nice to have OBS by a VCam run with Ventuz, we need to be patient... maybe a dev will have a look at this sooner than later ;)

meanwhile we could try to request a change in the virtual cam plugin for OBS to be able to use mediafoundation instead of DShow.

regArts
Dee
:ugeek:

groukou

Post by groukou » 28 Nov 2018, 15:21

Thank you Dee. I guess I will have to wait for this function. I m working on a project where I have to integrate snapchat camera into a ventuz scene.What I have found out was that the best way to do it is by selecting in obs the virtual snap cam then selecting in ndi scan converter the obs virtual cam and then finally bring that in Ventuz through a live video node!