Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Particles and Cluster

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

VincentPix

Particles and Cluster

Post by VincentPix » 19 Nov 2018, 17:52

Hello

I wonder how the synchronisation of the particles works in cluster mode.

If I do a burst of particle how to be sure that it will be the same "random" emission on every machine of the cluster.

Thant you for your advices.

Vincent

stephen

Re: Particles and Cluster

Post by stephen » 20 Nov 2018, 12:10

Hi Vincent,

there is no synchronization specifically for particles. We simply take advantage of the fact that a Computer cannot generate real random numbers. So the random numbers in the particle system have the same seed by default and thus generate the same results. As long as e.g. Events are not fired in different frames or the particle system gets different inputs on each cluster machine otherwise, the result will be in sync. In a simulated particle stream when a machine drops a frame the result of course can differ as well - this will not happen in a functional stream, since the particles' attributes are directly based on the cluster clock and not on the last frame's attributes.

I hope this will give you some insight into the workwise of the particle system
Best
Stephen

VincentPix

Re: Particles and Cluster

Post by VincentPix » 20 Nov 2018, 12:21

Perfect !

Thank you very much