Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

SRT Animations from C4D

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

SamTheSwede

SRT Animations from C4D

Post by SamTheSwede » 23 Oct 2018, 10:09

Hey Gang!

I've just started scratching the surface of C4D / Ventuz integration and I am currently trying to figure out the best workflow for bringing C4D scenes into Ventuz.

I've successfully imported objects and base materials using C4D Live Link. But what is the best practice regarding animations?

In a typical C4D scene for let's say a show opener there are both cameras and objects moving around. To be able to dynamically change content I would need the correct movement SRT for all objects that I then would track images, movies and text to.

I've tried to get a simple animation from C4D (a 270 degree rotation of an object in Y) to Ventuz, but no luck….

Probably live-link is not the best practice, but is there another way to get SRT animations into Ventuz ?

// Sam

Dennis

Re: SRT Animations from C4D

Post by Dennis » 24 Oct 2018, 08:39

Hey Sam,

even with the livelink you can get SRT animations by enabling it for the VentuzTag - The Tag holds properties like to hand over the SRT (Keyframe Animations)

I guess you have created the livelink already and THEN created an animation. all you would need to do is actually click "update" and the tagged axis will hold an animation node.

RegArts
Dee

:ugeek: