Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Scene layers and Scene Datas

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

Gsand

Scene layers and Scene Datas

Post by Gsand » 14 Sep 2018, 18:17

Can a scene's Scene Data be used when running it though in a Scene Layer?

Greg

Karol

Re: Scene layers and Scene Datas

Post by Karol » 17 Sep 2018, 11:17

Hi Greg,

what do you mean with 'using'?
If you want to access it via Remoting4 then the answer is Yes!
In Designer you won't see the Scene Data in the Scene Data Editor if the scene is not loaded directly.

Best Regards
Karol

Gsand

Post by Gsand » 19 Sep 2018, 02:52

We have a scoreboard that is in use and controlled via its scene data. Now we want to make a squeeze back video with this scoreboard inside. In stead coping the scoreboard into the new Squeeze back scene, I would like to use the Scene layer to reference the scoreboard scene so that any future changes don't have to be done on both the scoreboard and squeeze back scene. I just wasn't sure if it would work because I don't see the Scoreboards scene data when I use the Scene Layer.

Greg

Etienne

Post by Etienne » 30 Sep 2018, 00:28

With Remoting4, how do I address the scene loaded in the Scene Layer Greg describes? I basically need its IID. I usually get the IID of a scene from the Load command...

sandercox

Post by sandercox » 05 Oct 2018, 20:08

Hi Greg,

I tried this first with a scene port as I remembered that would just work if you pressed the right buttons. Then tried to recreate this with a scene layer. The trick to access the data is to first click on the pencil mark on the scene layer (after you loaded the scene). Then in the content panel select the 'scene layer root' node. In the IO inspector you see the values that you have exposed. To add nodes to interact with them you need to double click each value and the Edit Interface Attributes dialog pops-up. Just click OK and the property is now part of node and can be set or exposed like any other property.

Hope that helps.
As for Etienne I think you can enumerate the sub ports on scene tree using remoting and get the IID of the loaded content I'm a bit rusty on how to do it exactly.

Etienne

Post by Etienne » 05 Oct 2018, 20:47

Thanks sandercox, I was able to get the list of loaded Scenes using the Scenes command on the Cluster object. It's then a matter of finding the scene (by name) and storing the IID. I will have to take a look at the Scene Tree approach also, it was mentioned in another post and it might be more accurate at getting me what is loaded "under" the master scene.