Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Displax connect with touch marker

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

Naggar

Displax connect with touch marker

Post by Naggar » 28 Aug 2018, 12:00

Hey guys,

Just wondering if there’s anyone who has used displax
(displax.com). I’m using one computer so no network connection, and I can receive tuio touch points from the software to Ventuz, but touch marker is not recognizing IDs. So I thought this issue might be from ventuz.

Any suggestions would be helpful thanks
Naggar

Dennis

Re: Displax connect with touch marker

Post by Dennis » 28 Aug 2018, 13:03

Hey,

i have not used displax foils or displays till now but i know these guys from long time ago.
anyway...

How did you find out you cant get any ID from the Markers?
Are you getting standard touch points when using the Markers?

Which node are you using to get the markers? The Touch Marker Node needs to have a set marker ID, while you can use the Touch Ripple in Marker mode to GET the ID.

Thanks
Dee

:ugeek:

Naggar

Re: Displax connect with touch marker

Post by Naggar » 29 Aug 2018, 13:18

Hi Dennis
Yes you are right, I was receiving Touch IDs but they were different from the IDs of the Displax software. in Displax I could see Ids 1,2,3 etc. and those were not the correct IDs in Ventuz. Some support from Displax team helped me detect the IDs by enabling Input diagnostics in Ventuz and it turned out that the IDs were 201,202,203.. and so on so thats solved :D.
However so far I'm having issues with stability of objects tracking and recognition of correct IDs. But thats purely from Displax software, the tracking objects, or the hardware setup.

Thanks