Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Disable effects for part of content

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

zebialowicz

Disable effects for part of content

Post by zebialowicz » 01 Aug 2018, 09:14

Hello.

I have Group Layer Effect on one of my layers. And i have some nodes and objects on this layer, and my effect is applied for every object. But i have to create one more object on this layers, but I do not want the effect to affect this particular object. Example attached:

- I have 2 rect, with Edge Effect on my Layer
- I want Edge Effect only on one of them

I was looking for something like a filter, but I did not find anything that would allow me to separate the effect from the object.
Attachments
example.PNG
example

lerou

Re: Disable effects for part of content

Post by lerou » 01 Aug 2018, 09:28

try using the FX node in your hierarchie and not the layer effect.

zebialowicz

Post by zebialowicz » 01 Aug 2018, 09:51

i cannot do it like that, because Ventuz is not sharing Z-Buffer from 2 contents (my previous topic about Z-Position), so the only way to do effects as i want is attach effect on Layers... If I add an effect as node to the hierarchy for elements, the order in which the elements render is broken

lerou

Post by lerou » 01 Aug 2018, 10:18

well, I don't know exactly what you're trying to achieve. You're using edge detection - so you want to draw object outlines. Now you need to combine that with a solid object including correct depth occlusion? That's not going to work. The edge detection is a post effect that works on the final image. So during the depth test the geometry would still be solid and the result might not be what you expect.

zebialowicz

Post by zebialowicz » 01 Aug 2018, 11:26

Well step by step:
1. I have ~150 3D models on the scene
2. I tried to put some of the models (which are parts of the final content) on diffrent layers, but then my models lost Z-Depth, so i had to put all elements on same layer and i created containers.
3. I tried to put Effect Node for containers, but then again my elements lost Z-Depth so i had to put effect on layer, now effect is working fine
4. I have to add some content (3D Elements) on same layer (i cant lost Z-Depth) where is the effect, as a new container, but my layer effect shouldnt affect for that container -> i need solid models, not edge (effect) for that container

lerou

Post by lerou » 01 Aug 2018, 12:11

ok. But I still don't know what the visual result is you're looking for.

You can use the FX node for objects you want the edge detection for. If those object need to perform their depth test against other solid object, you need to add those to the FX render part and disable their color writing. This way they will be invisible but still modify the depth buffer.

Draw the solids a second time to make them visible.

However, this might not lead to your desired result.
Attachments
fx_filtered.vza
(12.93 KiB) Downloaded 153 times
fx_filtered.jpg

Christian Krix Schmidt

Post by Christian Krix Schmidt » 16 Aug 2018, 14:54

You could also use the new rendering options of the Material node and have the mesh render as Lines. Fore more information check the manual: https://www.ventuz.com/support/help/lat ... wMode.html