Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

particle sprite to Strip loader

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

Naggar

particle sprite to Strip loader

Post by Naggar » 23 May 2018, 20:36

Hi guys.. Been struggling with something.
I wanted to create a Particle system with alphabetic letters.. Each particle taking a letter and looping.
So I created a grid texture with 448 x 256 (7x4 grid with a letter in each) to create 28 letters and I loaded it into a StripLoader in the sprite module of a particle system but from here I'm Stuck.. I can animate all particles with the "reduce property" but I cannot make a particle into a seperate letter. I tried using remap and math modules but they dont have any "texture or mapping" property in the "Target" category.
so is it possible to have individual particles take multiple sprites or a work around? or do I have to create 28 emitters and each emitter having 1 letter as sprite?

Thanks

stephen

Re: particle sprite to Strip loader

Post by stephen » 24 May 2018, 08:21

Hey,

sure, you can do this with the Animation attribute.
Have a look here

For a reference on how to affect the mapping from the Animation attribute to the sampled texture, see also the Flipbook Control Reference.

Lastly you should have a look at the "Insight" Scene in the Particle Presets Demo. It is located in the Background category. Here you can see a similar effect of what you are trying to achieve.

Best
Stephen

Naggar

Post by Naggar » 24 May 2018, 10:53

Hi Stephen..

That helped a lot.. Thank you very much. :D

Naggar

Post by Naggar » 17 Jul 2018, 10:31

Hi again..
So i noticed that this works with with Mov Files, and with sprite sheets using strip loader.. But for some reason I cant get it to work with image sequences.. It displays only first image for each particle.
Any Ideas?

u-double-u

Post by u-double-u » 09 Mar 2020, 16:14

where would one find that mentioned scenefile „Insight“ in the Particle Preset Demos? The one VZA, that I have (2/2018) does not contain it, it seems..