Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Audio video sync - low framerate audio glitches

All other topics about Ventuz 6 here.

Moderator: Support

sandercox

Audio video sync - low framerate audio glitches

Post by sandercox » 29 Sep 2021, 22:01

I'm working on a project that used to be created in Ventuz 6.3 and since I 'upgraded' it to ventuz 6.9.4 we're having a few audio issues.

It used to be that clips would be playing (on high systemload) and skipping frames, but audio kept playing without glitches. Somewhere along the line it seems that audio now stays in sync with video and as a result I get audio glitches - dupes, skips etc.

Is this somehting that can be configured somewhere? As the client has been ok with the slight video glitches that occurred. On my laptop stuf is worse as that machine just can't cope with the massive movies.

Karol

Re: Audio video sync - low framerate audio glitches

Post by Karol » 30 Sep 2021, 12:38

Hi Sander,

long time - no see!
Is audio coming from the movie clip or is this a separate file?

Best Regards
Karol

sandercox

Re: Audio video sync - low framerate audio glitches

Post by sandercox » 04 Oct 2021, 22:57

Yes it's been a while that I really played with Ventuz! But old habits die hard and even my muscle memory seems to trick all kinds of cool features I remember from way back when :-)

Audio is combined with the video clip. Actually too very similar clips are running and both have audio but in one it's been disabled in the properties. I used to have more smooth audio and glitchy (out of sync) videos (two videos didn't play in sync on my laptop) but now I see frames are still in sync but everytime my laptop cannot cope (and that happens quite often) the audio glitches too.

On the runtime environment I got a report they are experiencing 'echo''s' (didn't hear or see that myself (yet)) - the machines are probably taxed with the project too as I was noticing glitches with the big videos. (AMD Eyefinity 270* degree canvas)

Did something change in how AV sync is handled? And is that an optional setting that can be reverted? As audio glitches are way more noticable then the video glitches.

Thanks!