Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Ventuz Particles

A protected forum section for the public beta of Ventuz version 6.0

Moderator: Support

stephen

Re: Ventuz Particles

Post by stephen » 28 Feb 2018, 10:01

Hey,

have you tried turning on the "Stall GPU" option on your statistics? On our machines they are taking a fair amount of performance - about 5-15% of the GPU.

What exactly happens when you try to run a VPR?

Best
Stephen

Dennis

Post by Dennis » 28 Feb 2018, 10:30

Yes Stall GPU is one way..

It would be great to have a rough idea about your system specs btw, would you be so nice to post your system specifications as well?

Sometimes the GPU's got stepped down to safe energy, therefore it looks like it is using 60% of performance, but the truth is that the GPU is running at a maximum performance of 50% and from these 50% its just using 60% of GPU power ;) xD

Sounds strange but this is where people always get confused...

all the best and regArts
Dee

:ugeek:

dipinwason

Post by dipinwason » 28 Feb 2018, 11:27

Hi
My system Ram is 64 gb
Grapic card is 8gb
i7 processor
windows 10 single language

as i said the scene were provided by you only and i was working so i only checked first few scene and notice the trend

on running vpr it is asking for key
regards
dipin

stephen

Post by stephen » 28 Feb 2018, 12:28

Hey,

right, sorry: The Beta Key is a Designer only key, so you are indeed not able to start the runtime.

What graphic card model do you use? Please enable the "Stall GPU" option in the performance statistics and check if the performance usage is still as high as on your screenshot. If it is an nVidia card that you use, Dennis' guess might be right as well. Lastly, do you encounter framedrops or is it just the bars in the performance monitor?

Thanks a lot for providing us all the information!

Best
Stephen

dipinwason

Post by dipinwason » 01 Mar 2018, 06:45

Hi

After enabling "Stall GPU" the performance is working better i just want to thanks for helping me through it.

Regards
Dipin

lerou

Post by lerou » 14 Mar 2018, 11:36

Hi,

using the Particle system with mesh renderer (not sprites): how do I apply a custom rotation to the particles? I can assign any value to sprite rotation or to position. But I don't see a channel for rotation. I can set a rotation in the mesh renderer - however that one is applied to all particles. Now imagin a grid of cubes. I'd like to use a texture to manipulate the particles' rotation. Am I missing something or is that channel really just missing?

Thanks,
rou

stephen

Post by stephen » 14 Mar 2018, 12:37

Hey Rou!

Yes, the 3D Rotation Attribute is just missing. A ticket already exists for that but it will most likely not be implemented in the initial release of Ventuz 6.

Best
Stephen

lerou

Post by lerou » 14 Mar 2018, 12:45

stephen wrote:Yes, the 3D Rotation Attribute is just missing. A ticket already exists for that but it will most likely not be implemented in the initial release of Ventuz 6.
Thanks for the answer - athough it's very unfortunate. I wanted to use V6 for a project but with that feature missing I'm staying with V5 and my own shaders.

cheers,
rou

chriss0212

Post by chriss0212 » 21 Mar 2018, 16:14

A ticket already exists for that but it will most likely not be implemented in the initial release of Ventuz 6
mmmhhh... very bad... especialy, because i am asking for the feature from the beginning :shock:

Greetings

Christian

lerou

Post by lerou » 21 Mar 2018, 16:20

chriss0212 wrote:
A ticket already exists for that but it will most likely not be implemented in the initial release of Ventuz 6
mmmhhh... very bad... especialy, because i am asking for the feature from the beginning :shock:
you're not the only one. It was literally the first thing I tried with the particle system :cry: