Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Ventuz Particles

A protected forum section for the public beta of Ventuz version 6.0

Moderator: Support

serourian

Ventuz Particles

Post by serourian » 20 Feb 2018, 19:54

First of all, thanks to the VENTUZ team for having a major update which included the new Particle System !!!!! Thumbs up.

Particle documentation is very limited one. I barely understood how to make it work although I am very skilled in particles. Still didn't figure out how to link the secondary particle to the main particle.

Some good examples on the particle system would help us very much. Also F1 help used to have some built in examples... now not found.

In the Animation Keyframer, please, please, please .. we really need to copy paste keyframes in the same Animation Keyframer at least... I am having too much difficulty adding same keyframe in a different position (in between states) ... (I write all the values on the paper, then re-enter them manually. which is frustrating and very time consuming, unless there is a shortcut or something i'm not aware of . This is a must have task please help.

stephan

Re: Ventuz Particles

Post by stephan » 21 Feb 2018, 10:28

thumbs up about copy/paste keyframes

stephen

Post by stephen » 21 Feb 2018, 12:42

Hey, first, thanks a lot for your feedback!

Just wanted to let you know: This is still a Beta and documentation is work in progress, User Manual as well as Help Scenes. We plan on deploying particle presets and examples as soon as possible as well.

About your feedback on the documentation of the particle system: Is it just about particle buffers as you stated or is it also other topics? What exactly can't you understand regarding the buffers? Have you had a look at the Buffer section of the particle documentation? Did it not help? What is it lacking? Feedback on these is very very welcome!

Thanks again
Stephen

joysprod

Post by joysprod » 21 Feb 2018, 14:13

Even a scene with particles would help us pull apart and explore. Currently all I can get is the standard white fountain!

Regards

Peter

Christian Krix Schmidt

Post by Christian Krix Schmidt » 21 Feb 2018, 18:35

How about posting some of the Pre-Alpha scenes? They were quite helpful and also cool.

serourian

Post by serourian » 22 Feb 2018, 07:30

Here is a demonstration for Ventuz X particle system !!!!

I did it figuring out by myself after some trials and errors . .

Download and enjoy a fraction of what can be done by the Particle System of Ventuz X !! Cheers !!

Please Ventuz, don't forget about copy paste keyframes feature..

Just hide the particle nodes one by one to see them better, because I did put them all together..

Download the file here: http://www.genius3d.com/Hello_Ventuz_6.vza

stephen

Post by stephen » 22 Feb 2018, 09:53

Hey all,

thanks for your sample scenes! This could help some other users!
As stated we also plan on releasing some scenes as soon as possible. Just remember that the beta is all work in progress.

Copying Keyframes: We have that in mind, just cannot tell yet when we can tackle it.

Thanks again for the feedback and your scenes.

Best
Stephen

dipinwason

Post by dipinwason » 26 Feb 2018, 07:12

Hi guys i am also exploring around particle system i have noticed the simulation and data emitter are taking about 80% of the system performance whether other effects takes about 20% in both cases it doesn't leave performance availability for the content we are building.

stephen

Post by stephen » 27 Feb 2018, 08:33

Hey,

can you give us scenes where you have these performance issues? Would be really worth having a look at them and trying to find out what makes them so slow.

Thanks for the feedback
Stephen

dipinwason

Post by dipinwason » 28 Feb 2018, 07:40

Hi

I am using the particle scene you have provided I am attaching screenshot for two of the scenes with the statistics of the system.
Also i want to ask that i was trying to run a vpr but i was unable to .

Thanks in advance
Attachments
Data3DVisualization.JPG
ElectricityMarkers.JPG